Monday, September 30, 2013

Z's Crib

Since Z was practically a newborn she has been sleeping in the rock-n-play in our bedroom. We tried the bassinet for a couple nights but always found that the rock-n-play gave us more hours of sleep. We even tried going back to the bassinet not too long ago but found the same results. So I figured if it's not broke don't fix it. Whatever is giving us these 10-12 hours of sleep a night is what we are sticking with and that was the rock-n-play.

I was very nervous about Z's night sleeping while visiting in Syracuse because the only thing she had to sleep in there was a pack-n-play. She did wake up a couple more times a night than her normal one time a night but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. What I was nervous about was her sleeping laying down flat because in the rock-n-play she sleeps on an angle. I figure it kind of feels similar to the car seat for her because the car seat is her all time favorite place to sleep.

So after concurring the sleeping while laying down flat in Syracuse, I figured there is no better time than when we get back to Seattle to transfer Z to her crib in her bedroom.

Well she has been sleeping in her crib for 10-12 hours every night for almost a week with just waking up one time in the early morning. I am still in shock! I feel like it is too good to be true and I am waiting for it to end. (I am probably jinxing it by writing this post.) 

Now if I can just get her to nap in her crib.

What did people do before baby monitor's made video monitor's?! I couldn't live without this video baby monitor. (I know this is a "first-world problem" and I am very lucky to have a video baby monitor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment