Saturday, January 26, 2013

Southern Baby Shower


Last weekend I traveled down to Slidell, Louisiana for our first baby shower thrown by my mother and wonderful friends. It was such a beautiful shower and a whole lot of fun!

The delicious cake made by my sweet Mama Kay who is in the picture above with her daughter and my best friend Sissy.
 
 
The gorgeous flowers that Melissa brought. This picture does not do the center piece justice. It was absolutely stunning!
 
 
Here's Melissa with her two girls, Reese and Ryan and Sissy's daughter Stella. Baby G is going to have lots of little girls to play with.
 
 
Everyone signed a matte around Baby G's ultrasound picture. Something to frame and put in her nursery along with her diaper cake made by Angela.
 
 
Angela with her sweet baby boy Jonas.
 
 
The MC of the party, Jared! He provided the shower with lots of fun games.
 
 
The bottle chugging game! The only problem was Jared bought level 1 nipples, which ended up being pretty funny and of course challenging for the adults. I think the kids were able to chug more than the adults.
 
 
Jared gathering words from everybody in order to read the birth story of Baby G. If it happens the way the story went then I will be riding to the hospital in my hot air balloon.
 
 
Time for the opening of the gifts! So it wouldn't be boring, everyone played baby bingo while I opened the gifts.
 
 
Baby G got a lot of really cute things!
 
 
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law even sent a cute little outfit from Michigan since they were not able to make it to the shower.
 
 
James is face timing on the phone to tell everyone hello and thank you.
 
 
Jared showing everyone my baby picture.
 
 
The two preggo ladies! Kristye is a good friend from college who is due with a little girl also right around the same time.
 
 
The host and their kiddos.
 
 
 
Great way to end a shower, loving on Baby G. I can not thank my friends and family enough for making this such a special day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment