Sunday, April 14, 2013

Baby G's Nursery

The baby furniture has finally arrived!

 
 
 
The furniture arrived last weekend but there were a few minor issues. Well at the time I didn't think they were very minor. I freaked out!
 
First of all, one of the dressers had a chunk of wood split off from the underside of the top ledge. No big deal, the company said they would send a whole new dresser. Then James measured the other, bigger dresser/changing table and decided that it would not fit up the stairs. We should send it all back. That is when I freaked out!
 
So after an evening of freaking out and wondering where I was going to find a GOOD crib set in a short amount of time, James had his friend Andrew come over the next day to attempt bringing the dresser/changing table up the stairs. You wouldn't believe it, it worked out perfectly. Well, besides the few scratches on the walls. Those can be fixed. I calmed down at that point and was much happier. Until I realized that one of the drawers was broken. So I called the company once again and explained that the dresser/changing table is not coming back down those stairs for a long time so they need to find a way of fixing the drawer without having to send a whole new dresser. So they are just sending a part. Should be simple, but we shall see. Nothing else has been simple with this furniture.
 
So this weekend James put the crib together and I was able to begin decorating the nursery, putting things away and organizing.
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment