Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Memories

It is so hard to imagine that one year ago, on this date, we were on our way to the hospital to have our baby girl. I had predicted that she would come on the 14th, in hopes that she would have her birthday exactly one month before James's (June 14th) which is exactly one month before mine (July 14th). But Z had to be a little trendsetter and show up on the 15th and give me a really long and hard labor. Oh well, we still love her the same. Probably even more for being herself. But she did show us by being 6 lbs. 14 oz., which is James's birthday. Funny, how things happen!

I wouldn't change any of it for the world, that day or any other day in the past year. Z has brought so much joy, happiness, fulfillment and love that I didn't know I could possibly have, into my life. 


As we celebrate Z's first birthday tomorrow (well the party is on Saturday), and us making it as parents a year, I am going to give her a great big hug and kiss and know how lucky I am to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment