Monday, August 12, 2013

1, 2, 3 Strikes Your Up!

We brought Z to her first Mariners game on Saturday night. It wasn't just any Mariners game but it happened to be the night they were inducting Ken Griffey Jr. into the Hall of Fame. A very special night that one day (if she even cares anything about baseball) we will be able to tell her she was there to see.


There was more than the usual crowd at the Mariners game due to the induction. So I think the noise freaked Z out just a little to begin with. But she still seemed pretty relaxed sporting her Tigers onesie. Even though we live in Seattle, James will make sure she supports her Detroit sports (and of course the New Orleans Saints).

 
Z was already so tired when we got to the game because she had been fighting sleep all day. We had a BBQ at our house before the game so I guess there was too much going on for her to miss. She made it through about three innings before she started getting fussy. I knew the only way to get her to sleep would be to walk around with her in the carrier. So that is what I did and it worked until I decided to sit down in my sit. So I walked around some more and she fell fast asleep again. So I thought, until I tried to sit down again. Needless to say I spent half of the game up instead of sitting in my seat.
 
It was still a great experience and won't be the last baseball game we attend as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment