Saturday, March 16, 2013

Couples Yoga & Massage for Labor

Last night I forced James to go with me to a two hour class at Seattle Holistic Center, which is where I take prenatal yoga. The intention of this workshop is to help connect with each other and feel more confident in labor and birth through:
• Breathing, massage, acupressure and relaxation techniques
• Specific movements that help Baby G to be in an optimal position for birth
• And positions that will help cope with the pain of labor

The goal of the class is that hopefully we will both feel inspired and confident to birth Baby G!
That is exactly how I felt afterwards and surprisingly, James felt the same way (not that he is going to be birthing Baby G or anything but hopefully he will play a big role in supporting me). Yay! Mission Accomplished!

Here is James before class, demonstrating his favorite part of yoga, relaxation.

 

James and I both got a lot out of this class and really enjoyed it unlike our four hour birthing classes that we started today. Hopefully the next class will get better because today it was just about the basic things you learn in any pregnancy book. We will keep you posted on the birthing classes as we have three more to go! I know James is super excited : )

No comments:

Post a Comment