Sunday, October 28, 2012

NT Screening

James and I decided to have the NT screening done which happen to be 12 weeks and 2 days. NT is better none as Nuchal Translucency screening test which for some of you who may be as confused as I was, it measures the clear (translucent) space in the tissue at the back of your developing baby's neck. Because babies with abnormalities tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average. So along with some blood test and the NT screening, doctors can give us results in the form of a ratio that expresses your baby's chances of having a chromosomal defect.

So enough of the serious talk......

While the sonographer was trying to get Baby G to turn over, so she could see the back of his/her neck, she printed out a lot of pictures for me to take home. Which by the way, this screening took over an hour, but the sonographer told me to feel lucky that they got what they needed and I didn't have to come back next week.

Baby G also got his/her first compliment! The sonographer said that our baby was so cute. I may be a little bias but I think he/she is pretty darn cute myself. Check out the pics.

 
 
Baby G is covering it's eyes. "Stop taking pictures of me."
 
 
I'm not sure how cute this pic is. It's a bit of a blur and I can't really figure out the face.
 
 
Baby G's hand. It is so cool how you can see every bone in his/her hand.
 
 
Baby G's hand is headed towards it's mouth.....
 
 
And we might just have a thumb sucker on our hands. How cute!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment